Our services: Exit planning and corporate finance
Capital gains tax planning
If you are thinking about moving on from your business, even if your exit is still a little further down the line, taking expert advice on your capital gains tax (CGT) position is essential.
Business-owners are eligible for Entrepreneurs’ Relief on CGT on lifetime gains of £5 million, which means that they pay capital gains tax at a favourable rate of ten per cent up to this limit.
With potential tax benefits on such a scale, seeking the advice of our tax specialists on maximising Entrepreneurs’ Relief opportunities is a wise move.
Areas we can advise on include:
- fulfilling the definition of a trading company or trading group to qualify for Entrepreneurs’ Relief
- structuring shareholdings for Entrepreneurs’ Relief qualification and the rights attached to shares
- the five per cent shareholding requirement to qualify for Entrepreneurs’ Relief
- shareholders’ agreements
- transfers of shares between spouses or civil partners to optimise Entrepreneurs’ Relief
- use of family trusts to utilise lifetime allowances of adult children and in inheritance tax planning
- reviewing existing trust arrangements to optimise tax benefits.
To find out more please telephone us on 0161 428 0930 or email at email@example.com.
Request a Call Back